The aim of the program is to train competent specialists in international economics who can critically evaluate international economic theories and scientific approaches, will be able to conduct scientific and applied micro- and macroeconomic research in the international and global context, have the necessary skills to evaluate and formulate international economic policy, can apply science-based economic analysis, will be able to use appropriate econometric models to anticipate and implement economic strategies of organizations and countries in the international and global context, and will be able to communicate effectively with scientists, politicians and practitioners in international activities, have knowledge and skills in experimental economics. Upon completion of this program, graduates will be able to work as professional economists in international companies, agencies, government structures and the private sector, as well as address strategic issues at the micro or macroeconomic levels.
Feedback of lecturers and students
From a student’s perspective
Tamta Kakauridze (Alumni, Georgia)
In International Economics programme I get knowledge – qualified and motivated teachers are always ready to help students and provide them information. Also, there is many opportunities – visiting companies, guest lectures, various projects. And of course I make many friends here – I meet many international students in VMU and that is just awesome.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of international economics theory and processes; to analyze and critically evaluate economic theory, new findings and the impact of global environment on economic systems; develop and apply original ideas for research.
- Apply knowledge of international economy, solve problems in an uncertain environment.
- Apply methods of modern economic analysis, employ techniques of quantitative, statistical and experimental analysis for policy evaluation in international context.
- Integrate knowledge for solving multifaceted problems on national and international level undertaking socially responsible decisions.
- Present summarized data, findings, conclusions of the research to professional and nonprofessional audience.
- Be continuously engaged in the study process.
With this degree on résumé, graduates will be able to work as professional economists in international companies, agencies, governmental institutions and the private sector. They can work in international organizations and other structures. They may also choose to pursue a PhD in Economics, to work as the teachers of the Economics in schools and universities.
- Bachelor degree diploma in the field of Economics or Finance. Applicants should have at least 30 ECTS in the field of Economics, Finance and Management.
- Proof of English Language: applicant has to present document proving B2 level (TOEFL 87-109 iBT/534-633 PBT, IELTS 5-6,5, Cambridge English First (FCE), BEC Vantage, Michigan ECCE, PTE General Level 3, TOEIC Listening & Reading 785, TOEIC Speaking & Writing 310) if the applicant is not native speaker and/or had not received education in English.
- Motivation letter and interview.
- Admission score counting is based on: Arithmetic average of Bachelor degree diploma supplement * 0.7 + motivation letter and interview * 0.3.