Graduates of 1,5 year (3 semesters) Master’s degree studies receive a Master of General Engineering.
It is a joint degree programme with Riga Technical University (RTU) students spend first semester in RTU, second semester in VILNIUS TECH and third semester depends on their choice of supervisor in VILNIUS TECH or RTU. After graduation student receive both VILNIUS TECH and RTU Master’s degree diplomas.
Master of General Engineering
1,5 years (3 semesters) graduation is finalized with the defense of Final project
|To this programme applicants are accepted from the fields of:Geodesy, Cartography, Geography, Geomatics, Applied Engineering, General Engineering, Geographic Information Systems
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS STUDY PROGRAMME?
The measurement engineering specialist, with the up-to-date specialized knowledge in Geomatics, geodesy and cartography, related to creation, development and improvement of geodetic networks; creation, development and improvement of geographic information system, who are able to comprehend and analyse interaction of different kinds of knowledge, come up with problems and their solutions based on the scientific research in the field of measurement engineering, conducted on the basis of the acquired knowledge, optimise geodetic and cartographic data mining, by modelling the analysed processes in geoinformation systems; with developed abilities to apply innovative solutions for complex industrial activities, related to cognate areas and technological advancement, scientific analysis and research skills, necessary to maintain and improve the acquired professional competence in the ever-changing technological environment, scientific research institution, doctoral study.
WHAT WILL STUDENTS LEARN?
- To apply a modern laser scanning systems and knowledge of latest geomatics developments in the engineering field.
- Principal theoretical solutions in designing, creating and developing the building information modelling and remote sensing methods of investigating geodynamic processes with the use of remote measurements, and creative application of that knowledge.
- Geographic information systems (GIS), innovative technologies, their development trends and its application for specialized geomatics, surveying, cartography, cadastral needs, and creative application of that knowledge.
- The importance of geographic, cadastral information systems, formation of databases in the universal coordinate system for creating information systems of large territories, making international geodetic investigations. Students will be able to synthesize, analyze and suggest compatible interface solutions between geographic and cadastral information systems, remote sensing methods for measurement data processing and technical requirements.
- Understand and choose new, innovative design techniques and be able to apply them in engineering.
Autumn Intake Deadline