Having chosen the specialty of Horticulture, you will learn to:
- evaluate agri-environment in Lithuania and the EU;
- understand the morphology and bioecological properties of plants;
- understand principles of rational land use and impact of economic activities on the environment;
- perform research and to summarize the results based on information technology, scientific literature and other information;
- evaluate quality of agricultural production;
- organize and to plan a specialized farm, the patterns of harvest and its quality formation, to organize product sales;
- provide consultations on plant cultivation and care;
- understand business environment and respective legal acts of the Republic of Lithuania;
- evaluate the quality of agricultural production;
- create and manage agricultural business, to communicate with agricultural specialists and the public in solving various business problems.
- Horticultural business
- Urban and ornamental horticulture
- „Smart“ garden
The graduates will be able to set up and develop their own business – create own farms, work in agricultural companies and organizations, in companies providing landscaping services.
Upon completion of additional studies, graduates will be able to enroll in a Master’s degree.