The development of advanced environmental technologies, critical thinking and entrepreneurial competencies form a basis for an integrated approach needed to solve environmental business challenges. Master in Environmental Engineering study program is focused on fostering the above-mentioned competencies.
While studying at KTU, you will be educated on how to generate added value and create comprehensive environmental and business answers to problems. Environmental Engineering Master’s degree combines technological, analytical and managerial aspects of the environmental protection. During your studies, you will acquire skills of environment quality assessment, will learn how to apply modern environmental technologies to develop more sustainable and environmentally-friendly solutions for industry.
The systematic approach and comprehensive education in a broad interdisciplinary field of environmental engineering provide our graduates with excellent opportunities in the contemporary job market.
KTU MSc Environmental Engineering has the longest experience in educating environmental specialists in Lithuania. According to the National Rankings “Reitingai 2019”, it is the best program in this field in Lithuania.
- Partnerships with environmental organisations: European Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Water Technology (WETSUS), Jurby Water Tech, Regional Waste Management Centres
- Opportunity to join internationally acclaimed research groups investigating the application of advanced plasma, nano- and biotechnologies in environmental engineering
- A unique to Lithuania MA+ study model allows students either to aim for excellence in a chosen speciality field or to strengthen their interdisciplinary competencies by choosing different elective study paths
What will you study?
- Environmental research: planning of the experiment, methods of analysis, environmental microbiology
- Reduction of industrial pollution: preventive measures, improvement of production processes, preservation of resources
- Environmental technologies: modelling, reduction of air pollution, treatment of industrial wastewater
- Management: environmental law and organisation, monitoring, information systems
All international students automatically become candidates to receive the Scholarship for International Students, which is assigned for first-year Bachelor or Master students with strong academic records and motivation.
The residents of European Union countries and the global citizens of Lithuanian origin can apply for state-funded study places. This means that all the applicants, who fall into one of the aforementioned categories, will participate in the general admission’s competition for state-funded study places and get the chance to study free of charge, depending on their admission score.
The main KTU Campus is within walking distance from the city centre. In the campus, university sports halls and courts, dormitories, shops and recreational areas are all nearby. KTU boasts the active student community, with 6 art societies and over 20 students’ organisations. Our students can choose from 100 weekly sports classes, and join one of 20 sports teams. All of this is free of charge.
Over 40 thousand students study in Kaunas, and of these, around 10% are international students. Lush parks, lively squares, cosy cafes and buzzing cultural life make Kaunas attractive not only as a travel destination but also as a place to live. In 2022, Kaunas will become a European Capital of Culture.
Proficiency in English Language requirements:
IELTS ≥6.0, TOEFL ≥85, CEFR ≥C1, or equivalent
If you do not currently hold any English proficiency certificate, the English test can also be conducted by KTU during the admission process.
Average grade (CGPA) > 60 %
University Bachelor degree certificate:
Undergraduate diploma (or higher) with min. length of 180 ECTS (3 years of studies) is eligible.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
The documents must be legalised (Apostille) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.
Autumn Intake Deadline
Spring Intake Deadline