Our MA TESOL program prepares you to teach English anywhere in the world, work in a public or private school or language program, expand your teaching potential, seek to be an administrator of language programs or a test administrator.
- An advanced degree for teaching and administrative positions
- An affordable tuition rate; tuition costs are significantly less than other MA programs
- TESOL professors who are experts in their field and care about students
- A practicum in Lithuania at LCC’s dynamic Summer Language Institute
- A blended learning course design that can be completed in 2 years
- Flexible learning hours; continue your current job while studying online
- Opportunities to consider the ethical aspects of teaching and learning
- Learn the dynamic nature of language and the power of language use internationally
- Dive into the psychological, cognitive, and social complexities of learning a second language
- Analyze unique opportunities to integrate your faith into your teaching
- Explore the world of language assessment and testing
- Design student-centered lessons that improve students’ language through best practices
- Create a curriculum for specialized groups of students
- Have the option of completing a teaching practicum at LCC in Lithuania or anywhere in the world
- Dive into language research methods
- Complete research in your own classrooms to inform your understanding of your practice
- Learn best practices of language program administration from budgeting to mentoring teachers
- Write a publishable thesis on language research in an area of your choice
- Become researchers as you enroll in the thesis courses. You will be guided by an advisor to write a literature review, select methods, collect data, and report findings on a topic of their choice
Integrated skills practicum
The Practicum course integrates theoretical knowledge with practical application in classrooms. You will select a school or language program that is convenient for you. You will observe lessons of a qualified teacher and then teach lessons, make lesson plans and observe student progress.
LCC hosts a Summer Language Institute (SLI) in July and, you as an MA TESOL student, are welcome to complete you Practicum course here. Come and join our staff of 35 experienced English teachers for a month and complete your Practicum in Lithuania.
To apply you need:
- Fill an online application form https://lcc.lt/application-forms/ma-tesol-program-application
- Bachelor’s degree – official transcripts and copy of diploma from an accredited university.
- Two letters of recommendation – recommendations must come from people familiar with the applicant’s character, academic and professional background. Preferably, at least one of the recommendations should come from a university the applicant graduated from.
- English language certificate – please see details in the chart on the right.
- Motivational letter – statement of purpose indicating why this program is appropriate for your academic interests and professional goals.
You don’t need a certificate if:
- You are an LCC alumni
- You are a citizen of Great Britain, Ireland, Australia, Canada, the U.S. or New Zealand
- You attended a university for at least two years in any of the above-mentioned countries