According to the latest estimates, digital business will account for nearly 25% of the global economy by 2025, bringing the segment’s total value to approximately $23 trillion. The much talked-about digital transformation of the private and public sectors was gaining steam even before the current pandemic, with employers increasingly preferring candidates with knowledge of IT, software and web development, data analysis, and related fields. As the reliance of business on digital technologies keeps growing, programme graduates will have ample opportunity to work in many diverse fields, ranging from marketing and product management to e-preneurship and web development. Learn digital business in one of the top Lithuanian colleges that provides an excellent opportunity to study in Lithuania in English!
What you’ll learn:
The digital business programme is unique, bearing only a superficial similarity to other business-related study programmes. During your studies at the Vilnius Business College (VBC) you’ll learn about consumer behaviour and decision-making, how to create and manage online businesses, gain knowledge of applied IT, business strategy and innovation, marketing, and much more.
Study courses include extensive training in the following:
- Google communications suite (Gmail, Docs, Drive, and Calendar)
- Microsoft Office 365 tools (Word, Excel, Teams, Outlook, and OneDrive)
- Video conferencing software (Slack or Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Google Chat, LumApps, and others)
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
- Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Supply Chain Management software
- Digital project management tools (Jira, Trello, Monday, Asana, and others)
- Finance and accounting software (Sage, NepSuite, and others
Aim of the Programme:
We aim to give our students everything they could possibly need in making ideas a reality. Graduates will have extensive knowledge of the economy, process and resource management, digital technology, and socioeconomic problems and opportunities relevant to employers, organisations, and society. The programme is based on interdisciplinary and Project-Based Learning methods that prioritise digital business, business modelling, project development, and learning-by-doing.
- Applied Information Technologies
- Professional Language and Written Communication
- Applied Mathematics
- Media Content Creation
- E-business Design
- Optional Subject
- Professional English
- Communication Theories for Business
- Design Thinking
- E. marketing
- Project Management
- Customer Experience Design
- Corporate Finance
- Visual Thinking
- Marketing Research and Data Analysis
- E. commerce
- Digital Tools for E-business
- Optional Subject
- Internship in a Company
- Google Design Sprint ir Lean Startup method
- Consumer Behavior and Decision Making
- Business Processes
- Brand Communication and Story Telling
- Business Strategy and Innovations
- Optional Subject
- Final Internship
- Bachelor Thesis/Project
- Certificate of secondary education or diploma translated into English. The cumulative grade point average of your secondary school results, including final exams, must be no lower than 60%. The grade point average from Mathematics, IT and Economics/Geography/History must be at least 70%. Please note that all previous education certificates/diplomas must be officially recognized by the Center for Quality Assurance of Higher Education of Lithuania (www.skvc.lt ).
- Applicants with lower than required scores can take the VBC entry exam consisting of three parts: English, Basics of Mathematics, and Logical Thinking. The required score must be no lower than 70%. More information about the entrance exam can be obtained from the Admissions Office.
- English language requirements: B2 or higher according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. Applicants may choose one of these methods to prove their level:
|International English qualifications||Level / Minimal requirements|
|Duolingo English Test||Total score 100|
|Cambridge English||B2 First/First for Schools*|
|Cambridge English||B2 Business Vantage|
|International English Language Testing System (IELTS)||IELTS Academic Band 5.5-6.5 (B2)|
|Pearson Test of English, minimum level 3||Level 3 (B2)|
|Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-based Test (TOEFL iBT)||The total score of 60|
|Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC)||The total score of 785|
|LCCI International Qualifications English for Business (Level 2 Credit, Level 2 Distinction, Level 3 Pass)||Level 2 Credit, Level 2 Distinction, Level 3 Pass|
Students who do not meet the minimal English language level requirement can still be admitted to VBC but will have to complete one semester of the Academic English Preparatory Programme at VBC.
- Admission Interview. All applicants must complete the admission interview with a VBC admissions officer.
- Applicants who have participated in various Academic Olympiads or taken additional professional development courses can provide certificates of achievement to obtain extra admission points.
Autumn Intake Deadline
Spring Intake Deadline