Did you know that Design is one of the most versatile activities and an industry with great potential? Design studies at SMK combine design and management competencies. Here you will study the needs of customers, create products for them and learn to turn these products into reality.
Register for a free consultation here.
Apply directly here!
After studies you will be able to:
- be able to generate product design ideas and conceptions
individually and in a team, predict implementation methods,
visual resolution and technological means and provide clients with professional solutions to design problems, foreseeing further possibilities for the development of ideas;
- by analyzing the relationships between the designed object and the environment, you will be
able to sketch product design objects, purposefully apply artistic means of expression, newly
emerging media and innovative technologies, rely on modern design practices and trends to
reveal the results of professional activities in creative industries and visual culture;
- with the help of personal creative practice, you will be able to design product design objects
and their systems, use advanced creative and technological tools to review design
innovations at the national and international levels and predict effective ways of presenting
marketing and communication tools.
You will study:
- Design Basics
- Computer Graphics and Design
- 3D Modeling
- Design and Technology
- Materials Research and Production Processes
- Product Design Project
- Eco Design/Environmental protection
Career opportunities & areas:
- You will be able to work in various companies requiring design: food and beverage industry, technology companies, cosmetics industry companies, textile industry companies, medicine and beauty industry, furniture industry companies, design companies or agencies;
- Or become a design freelancer in Lithuanian and foreign creative and art incubators, creators’ associations.
You can find all admission steps and instructions here.
HOW TO APPLY?
Application for admission to the SMK University of Applied Sciences must be submitted online.
Below is the list of documents that you will need to submit together with your application:
1. A receipt of the paid non-refundable application fee* (120 Euro for foreign nationals, and 50 Euro for the citizens of EU and the EEA countries).
*It only needs to be paid once if you decide to apply for a second degree;
Exemption for those enrolled in the English Foundation Programme and willing to continue their studies at SMK: no application fee to be paid again to be admitted to Bachelor Study Programmes.
2. A Copy of a valid Passport (valid for at least a year)
*For those applying from Nigeria through VFS visa center, the passport needs to be valid for at least 18 months;
3. Entry qualification documents (e.g. a copy of original High school/secondary education diploma, or/and a copy of School Leaving Certificate or a College Diploma);
Note: translation of the documents to the English/Lithuanian/Russian languages. Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translation(s). Each program has separate subjects which need to be passed. Needed subjects are listed in requirements on https://apply.smk.lt/. Overall percentage of Secondary School Diploma must be not lower than 50%.
4. Official recognition of the Secondary School Diploma obtained from the Lithuanian Centre for Quality Asse
ssment in Higher Education (CQAHE) more information and how to apply here.
5. A Copy of the International English Language Test Certificate confirming the applicant’s knowledge of English at Higher Intermediate level or its equivalent (5,5 and higher); Accepted proof of proficiency: FCE, IELTS 5+, TOEFL 59+ or LanguageCert IESOL B1+: www.languagecert.org/
If an applicant doesn’t have any of the above-mentioned certificates, there is a possibility to go through the SMK internal test online. The price for an English test is 50 Eur, where applicant’s speaking and writing skills are tested and evaluated. Please, contact email@example.com if you are willing to pass an internal test.
Exemption applies for those applying for English Foundation Programme.
Exemption for those, who have finished English Foundation Programme at SMK:
If later applying for a Bachelor degree, you only need to provide your English Foundation Programme certificate.
* A letter from your teacher or employer, where he/she describes your abilities and qualities as a student or employee.
Please have in mind that your application can be processed only when you submit all the required documents. After your application is complete it will take up to 5 working days for the admission committee to give feedback.. All accepted students will receive acceptance letters with detailed instructions on how to confirm their acceptance and prepare to travel to Lithuania.
Once you submit your application, and your application is accepted, you will need to pass:
1. The entrance examination for these study programmes ONLY:
– Video Production and Media
The entrance examination for entrants to this study programme consists of:
– Assessment of a portfolio presented by the applicant;
– Assessment of factors of selecting the area of professional activity.
2. Motivation Interview:
After the applicant has paid the application fee and submitted the application, we invite him for an motivational interview. The interview is done online using Google Meet platform, and the basic goal is to evaluate the reasoning and motivation of a future student. After an interview, the decision of admission is given in a couple of days.
Autumn Intake Deadline
Spring Intake Deadline