|Degree||Bachelor of Engineering Sciences in Civil Engineering|
4 years (8 semesters), internship included in the programme. Graduation is finalized with the defense of Final project
|Specialization||Structures and Design Management|
|Main subjects||Engineering geodesy, Structural mechanics, Buildings architecture and structures, Building construction technology, Masonry structures, Reinforced concrete structures, Foundation engineering, Environmental geotechnics, Dynamics and stability of buildings.|
WHAT ARE THE OUTCOMES OF THIS STUDY PROGRAMME?
This study program is designed for students who want to gain the knowledge, competencies and skills necessary for civil engineering jobs, want to be able to apply the knowledge in practice creatively, using the new modern principles of design and detailing. To use the modern construction technology for designing buildings and their structures, to manage the building design and construction processes.
After studies students get Bachelor of Engineering Science in Civil Engineering.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
During BSc studies of civil engineering you will gain:
- Skills of practical research, design and building: from the identification of a problem, the selection of research equipment to evaluation of the results and findings and qualification; able to choose methods of investigation and design.
- Skills to collect data for designing of structures and buildings, to analyze and evaluate the data, to select project alternatives and potential methods of construction considering the environment of the construction site, the restrictions, esthetical and architectural aspects, economic factors and anticipated operation conditions.
- Skills to prepare projects of the structures and to manage designing processes.
- Skills to apply international and European standards in designing buildings and structures and construction.
- Ability correctly to choose calculation scheme and calculation method of building, and to design building structures.
- Ability to prepare construction part of project and to manage the design process.
- Furthermore, students are capable to think analytically, work independently, responsible, thoroughly and quickly organize their work, effectively collaborate with colleagues and with specialists of contiguous fields of work.