This cross-field study programme has been developed to educate you in the design of air and space vehicles, their systems and elements, and in the assessment of their condition and performance. After completing Master’s in Aeronautical Engineering at KTU, you will be able to deal with engineering issues in functionality of airborne vehicles, to conduct analytical, modelling and experimental research.
The programme curriculum covers the branches of aviation engineering, aviation mechanics and aviation electronics enabling the graduates to design, analyse and test aeronautical and aerospace vehicles and associated technology.
Studying master’s in Aeronautical Engineering sets you on track to a career in the global aerospace industry, where you can influence the safety, efficiency and sustainability of future aircraft.
- KTU initiated the first in Europe cluster of aeronautical engineering companies and educational institutions, which provides the students with exceptional internship possibilities
- Students have access to the Laboratories of Aerodynamic Research, Nano-Satellites and Avionics, Radio and Optical Communication, Missile Technologies, Digital Modelling – all equipped with the latest hardware and software
- A unique to Lithuania MA+ study model allows students either to aim for excellence in a chosen speciality field or to strengthen their interdisciplinary competencies by choosing different elective study paths
What will you study?
- Aeronautics: aircraft, constructions, flight
- Technologies: design, production, control
- Research: systems, models, forecasting.
- Aviation and spacecraft: regular and unmanned aerial vehicles, satellites
All international students automatically become candidates to receive the Scholarship for International Students, which is assigned for first-year Bachelor or Master students with strong academic records and motivation.
The residents of European Union countries and the global citizens of Lithuanian origin can apply for state-funded study places. This means that all the applicants, who fall into one of the aforementioned categories, will participate in the general admission’s competition for state-funded study places and get the chance to study free of charge, depending on their admission score.
The main KTU Campus is within walking distance from the city centre. In the campus, university sports halls and courts, dormitories, shops and recreational areas are all nearby. KTU boasts the active student community, with 6 art societies and over 20 students’ organisations. Our students can choose from 100 weekly sports classes, and join one of 20 sports teams. All of this is free of charge.
Over 40 thousand students study in Kaunas, and of these, around 10% are international students. Lush parks, lively squares, cosy cafes and buzzing cultural life make Kaunas attractive not only as a travel destination but also as a place to live. In 2022, Kaunas will become a European Capital of Culture.
Proficiency in English Language requirements:
IELTS ≥6.0, TOEFL ≥85, CEFR ≥C1, or equivalent
If you do not currently hold any English proficiency certificate, the English test can also be conducted by KTU during the admission process.
Average grade (CGPA) > 60 %
University Bachelor degree certificate:
Undergraduate diploma (or higher) with min. length of 180 ECTS (3 years of studies) is eligible.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
The documents must be legalised (Apostille) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.