The aim of the study program (s) – is to prepare a competent advanced practice nurse with acquired modern knowledge, practical skills and considerable critical thinking who would rely on the system of professional and personal values formed and is able to apply advanced nursing practice solutions based on scientific research, to work independently in various health care institutions and to take leadership in a dynamic multi-professional environment in order to effectively deal with the problems of health care system.
AFTER GRADUATION YOU CAN:
- Advanced practice nurse can provide care for patients at home within in- and outpatient health care institutions at palliative care centers etc
- Provide emergency medical aid
Structure of programme
WHY STUDY ADVANCED NURSING PRACTICE AT LSMU?
- Clinical skills developed in the largest clinical hospital in the Baltic States
- Small groups, i.e. up to 10 students, in clinical courses
- Multicultural environment and student community: international students from 70 different countries make up nearly 17% of the total student population at LSMU
- Work experience in University Hospital for 12-24 months (depending on further career)
- Master degree and professional qualification of advanced practice nurse
- Benefits – flexibility and adjustment to changing environments
- Better career opportunities, higher salary, more autonomous practice
- Support system for students’ adaptation: mentoring, tutoring and psychological counselling