The content of the programme adequately corresponds the most recent advances in science, art and technology. Students are acquainted with the theory and practice of creative activities, improvisation, artistic project management, art marketing, and research methodology. Students are free to choose composers from various eras (including the latest) and nationalities for their final examinations and the final project. Graduate students are encouraged to pursue the most modern forms of performance, which helps them integrate into and position themselves within the context of the contemporary art scene.
It must be also noted that classes are led by the most regarded virtuosos in their fields and numerous visiting professors. It truly improves the students’ familiarity with the latest and the most unique artistic developments.
The lecturing pedagogues are active and acknowledged artists with national and international acclaim. They are members of various associations and bring a high level of competence. The professional competence is an important factor in fulfilling the purpose of the programme. Some of the lecturers belong to international organizations which are related to their professional or organizational activities.
Specializations: Accordion, Choir conducting, Jazz, Piano, String Instruments, Vocal, Wind and Percussion Instruments.
Feedback of lecturers and students
“Music Academy of Vytautas Magnus University is a full-fledged member of the European Association of conservatoires, is active in other international organizations. Music Academy degree programmes are accredited by international experts. Our students are employed in Lithuania and the European Union concert organizations”. Doc. Dr. Saulius Gerulis, Dean of Music Academy
Graduates will be able to:
- Analyse and evaluate artistic and creative processes and the developing areas of music (creation, comprehension, usage nand spread) as a part of culture.
- Prepare an artistic performance by making use of a provided repertoire.
- Perform different styles, genres and forms of music while displaying one’s own individuality along with the composers.
- Perform in various cultural and social environments and projects.
- Compare performances of different artists and compositions, recognize, analyse and compare elements of music from different eras and genres.
- Be able to present the relevant details of a composition’s historical context to the listeners and other performers.
Graduates will be able to work in the following professional fields of work:
· Play; sing in ensembles, musical collectives.
· Perform roles, play in an orchestra or sing in a choir at various theatres.
· Establish their own ensembles, musical collectives.
· Pursue personal pedagogical practice of preparing.
· Pursue personal pedagogical practice of teaching adults who want to learn an instrument or improve their vocal skills.
· Pursue a solo career.
· Take part in musical projects.
· Continue studying at the master level.
· Write educational or professional papers for websites and musical journals.
- A high school diploma · Diploma or certificate of previous musical education
- Proof of English Language: applicant has to present document proving B2 level (TOEFL 87-109 iBT/534-633 PBT, IELTS 5-6,5, Cambridge English First (FCE), BEC Vantage, Michigan ECCE, PTE General Level 3, TOEIC Listening & Reading 785, TOEIC Speaking & Writing 310) if the applicant is not native speaker and/or had not received education in English. After admission, all students have to take English language test at the Institute of Foreign Languages at Vytautas Magnus University. If English level is below B2 students will have to study English to reach C1 level (in first four semesters of Bachelor studies).
- Motivation interview
- Admission examination – personal performance video (for more details about programme of performance, please contact Music academy).
- Admission score counting is based on: Admission examination * 0,7 + Motivation interview * 0,3