Applied Informatics and Programming
About the program
The objective of the Applied Informatics and Programming study programme – to prepare highly qualified specialists of Informatics study field, focused on the areas of software development or computer network administration, who are able to adapt to changes in contemporary market and are aware of importance of self-directed learning (self-study) and life-long learning.
Study program learning outcomes (after graduating from the studies, o person):
- Applies knowledge of mathematics, theoretical informatics (computer science), data structures and algorithm, principles of technical and network equipment operation, protocols and standards when creating and analysing computer systems.
- Is able to explain the latest technologies / solutions in the field of informatics (virtualization, cloud computing, embedded systems, etc.) and to use correct professional terminology in spoken and written language.
- Applies knowledge of structured and object-oriented programming (OOP), understand and apply different life cycle processes of computer systems.
- Understands, integrates and applies in practice the knowledge of different fields of sciences (physical, technological, social, the humanities) to solve problems in the area of the studied subject.
- Is able to gather, analyse, process data and interpret the obtained results required for solving specific professional problems
- Applies theoretical knowledge in practice selecting appropriate methods, technical and software tools, programming languages, frameworks and modern programming environments for realization of specific tasks or projects
- Applies agile methods in software development, according to customer requirements specify the process, component or software product by applying modern design tools and following the standards that prevail in the market.
- Performs graphical and design work, creates databases, websites, and other simple software.
- Applies knowledge of computerized hardware and architecture, hardware technical standards; install operating systems and other applied and special software. Is able to program smart equipment management software (program microcontrollers) or other special software.
- Applies the acquired knowledge on cloud computing, computer networks, information transmission models, protocols and standards when configuring and testing networks, and is able to apply data protection tools.
- Fluently and suggestively expresses his/her ideas in spoken and written language, communicates effectively and tolerantly with professionals and other persons when solving tasks related to professional activity in Lithuanian and a foreign language.
- Works in a team implementing projects, solving professional activity tasks, assumes responsibility for the quality of his/her and subordinate employees’ activity.
- Plans, organises his/her work and individually develops his/her skills understanding the importance of life-long learning and professional development.
Depending on chosen specialization, graduate also
- Creates new web projects, web services or maintains and develops the existing ones by applying the selected programming languages, platforms or frameworks (Web development specialization).
- Creates local and hybrid mobile applications, web services or maintains and develops the existing ones by applying the selected programming languages, platforms or frameworks; understand the Internet of Things technologies (Mobile Application Development specialization).
- Diagnoses and eliminates software and technical computer networking equipment failures, administers servers and other network equipment and ensure safe data transmission through information system and uninterrupted operation of network services (Computer Network Administration specialization).
Graduates may work as a
- IT specialists in various companies,
- graphic designers,
- IT service administrators,
- computer network administrators,
- project managers or projects manager’s assistants.
Graduates may also set up own businesses or work as free-lancers.
The program content
- Web Development
- Computer Network Administration
- Mobile Application Development
- Foreign Language I, Foreign Language II
- Communication Psychology
- Principles of Law
- Occupational Health and Safety
Study field subjects:
- Information Technology
- Programming C/C++
- Computer Graphics and Design (Photoshop CC, InDesign CC)
- Basics of Logic and Discrete Mathematic
- Classic and Modern Operation Systems
- Object-oriented Programming
- Computer Statistics
- Programming php
- Computers Hardware
- Computer Network and IS Security
- 3D Design and Animation (3ds Max)
- Computers Architecture
- Software Engineering
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Embedded Systems
- Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- IT Project Management
- Portfolio and Career Planning
- Specialization Course Work
- Final Thesis
Web Development specialization subjects:
Mobile Application Development specialization subjects
- Mobile Application Development
- Hybrid Mobile Application Development
- Web Services
- Internet of Things
Computer Network Administration specialization subjects
- Introductory Practice (6 cr.) – performed in the College
- Training Practice (9 cr.) – performed in a company
- Professional Practice (15 cr.) – performed in a company
1. Persons only with diploma of secondary education/or relevant can apply for studies in Lithuania Business University of Applied Sciences (LBUAS). Diploma of secondary education gained in international country must be certificated with by Apostille by Consulate. The studies are open to any age group.
2. LBUAS provides full time studies for international students in English and Russian languages.
REQUIREMENTS FOR DOCUMENTATION
Submitting the application form and registration of documents:
✓ Application form
✓ Secondary education diploma and supplement (original and copy)
✓ Diploma and copy of supplement (if you have, from any other educational institution)
✓ Diploma of education in international country must be certificated by apostille by consulate
✓ English language certificate (copy);
✓ Personal identification card or passport (original and copy of page with photo and personal data)
Application form online: https://ltvk.lt/en/enrolment/#2
Students must to apply for a secondary education/relevant diploma recognition in Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education, Address: A. Goštauto str. 12, LT-01108 Vilnius, Lithuania; For more information: https://www.skvc.lt/default/en/60/apply/documentation_requirements , +370 5 210 47 72 or email@example.com .
Admission to the state non-funded studies is taking place now. Do you want to study? Do you have any questions? Contact
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 8-46-314-320, Turgaus street 21, Klaipeda