Looking for a Job

International students have the right to work while studying in Lithuania as long as they are enrolled in a Higher Education Institution. Students are allowed to work 20 hours per week in accordance with the legislation of Lithuania.


If you are an EU citizen

If you are a citizen of the European Union country, European Economic Community or Switzerland, you do not need to obtain permission to work in Lithuania.


If you are not an EU citizen

If you are not a citizen of the European Union country and intend to work in Lithuania, you will have to obtain a Work permit from the Lithuania Labor Exchange.

This must be done before coming to Lithuania.

A work permit may be issued to a foreigner if there is no specialist in Lithuania meeting the employer’s qualification requirements.