October 9, 2018

How do I apply for a visa?

As a general rule of thumb, if you are a citizen of a European Union country – you shouldn’t need one. However, just to be safe, check the list published on the website of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Lithuania to find out for sure. If you are not a citizen of European Union  – you must apply for a visa.

In order to study in Lithuania you need a National Visa (D) and a Temporary Residence Permit

You must apply for National visa (D) before you come to Lithuania and for Temporary Residence Permit after you arrive.

You can apply for the visa at a visa center or embassy of the Republic of Lithuania. If there is no legal representation of the Republic of Lithuania in your country, you will have to travel elsewhere, where the Republic of Lithuania is legally represented.

For more information, please refer to “Visas and Permits” section.