The study programme of English Pedagogy and Another Foreign Language aims at educating and training teachers qualified for work at the basic and secondary education levels and able to use the acquired comprehensive knowledge of the chosen scientific field and their general, sociocultural, subject-specific and personal competencies in the teaching and learning process with great efficiency and quality, creating learning opportunities for the development of students’ and their own competencies and fostering autonomy in lifelong learning.
Students will be able to:
- use the acquired knowledge of the chosen scientific field when creating educational content at various education levels.
- analyse, synthesize and critically evaluate relevant information and legal documents related to the creation of educational content for various education levels.
- plan, organize and undertake professional activities and scientific research and use their results in practice.
- identify students’ individual peculiarities of learning and developing, recognize their personal characteristics resulting from the cultural, national or ethnic, social environment and personalize the learning process in order to generate and increase students’ motivation and encourage their autonomous learning.
- plan, organize and manage the learning process in accordance with students’ interests and needs using appropriate modern teaching/learning strategies and techniques.
- develop students’ general and subject-specific competences through various educational activities by encouraging their learning to learn, fostering their critical thinking, creativity, cognitive and communicative competencies and broadening students’ general outlook.
- present subject related ideas and provide arguments or research results orally and in writing using the state language and a foreign language.
- work and learn collaboratively within the school community, in various learner groups and other environments.
- take responsibility of the quality of the teaching and learning process and the results of educational activities as related to the leaning outcomes.
Depending on the chosen field, graduates may continue their studies in MA programmes of educational sciences or in the MA programme of the same field they gained their BA degree. Having completed the Subject Pedagogy programme, students will obtain BA of Educational Sciences and teacher’s qualification.
They may choose to work in:
- schools of general education,
- vocational schools,
- institutions of non-formal education,
- state, private and public organizations.
- A high school diploma
- Proof of English Language: applicant has to present document proving B2 level (TOEFL 87-109 iBT/534-633 PBT, IELTS 5-6,5, Cambridge English First (FCE), BEC Vantage, Michigan ECCE, PTE General Level 3, TOEIC Listening & Reading 785, TOEIC Speaking & Writing 310) if the applicant is not native speaker and/or had not received education in English. After admission, all students have to take English language test at the Institute of Foreign Languages at Vytautas Magnus University. If English level is below B2 students will have to study English to reach C1 level (in first four semesters of Bachelor studies).
- Study motivation interview
- Admission score counting is based on: study motivation interview * 0,4 + grade point average (of school graduation certificate) * 0,4 + examination/term grade of English language * 0,2.