Genetics is one of the future TOP specialties all around the world. This program offers a unique possibility to study the basics of both Human and Animal Anatomy, Physiology, Histology, Genetics, Molecular Biology, and other disciplines that will lay the background for the comprehensive understanding of the disease pathogenesis.
AFTER GRADUATION YOU CAN:
- Work at different research and diagnostic laboratories
- Continue studies in Master degree programs in various Lithuanian or foreign institutions that might be followed by PhD studies
YEAR 1 Human Physiology, Animal Physiology, Human Physiology, Animal Physiology, Basic Genetics
YEAR 2 General and Molecular Pathology, Molecular Biology, Biostatics, Basics of Immunology, Plant Genetics
YEAR 3 Veterinary Genetics, Medical Genetics I, Analytical Chemistry, Bioinformatics, Bachelor Thesis
YEAR 4 Professional Practice, Bachelor Thesis
WHY STUDY MEDICAL AND VETERINARY GENETICS AT LSMU?
- Multicultural environment and student community: international students from 76 different countries make up nearly 20% of the total student body at LSMU
- Widely recognized diploma
- Possibility to spend a semester or a year abroad with the Erasmus+ exchange programme
- Small groups (up to 10 students) in clinical courses
- Support system for student adaptation: mentoring, tutoring and psychological counselling