Master of Informatics Sciences
2 years (4 semesters) graduation is finalized with the defense of Final project
|Entry Qualifications||To this programme applicants are accepted from fields of: IT, Electronics, Communications, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Technologies, Telecommunications Engineering.|
WHAT IS THIS STUDY PROGRAMME AIM?
WHAT ARE THE OUTCOMES OF THIS STUDY PROGRAMME?
• Knowledge of modern cyberthreats, vulnerabilities, risks and attack vectors, covering, but not limited to technological, physical security and social areas, ability to identify and neutralize them, minimize the consequences.
• Understanding of information and information technology security principles and concepts, covering, but not limited to technological, organizational, social and legal aspects, knowledge of modern information systems security mechanisms and ability to apply them, perception of secure information system design and development methods and ability to integrate information security mechanisms into information security systems and processes.
Ability to Perform Research
• Proficiency in defining perspective research areas, ability to perform literature analysis and cite the literature sources, to plan and to carry out the experiment in the defined problem area, to apply different analytical, modelling and experimental methods, to evaluate qualitative and quantitative information, to apply the experimental results for solving practical problems.
• Ability to perform analysis, logical reasoning, to formulate constructive, reasoned conclusions and recommendations, to understand and criticize ideas and results of other researchers, to prepare scientific research publications, to participate in a scientific discussion.
• Ability to integrate security mechanisms into software, information systems and processes, to apply cryptographic, secure programming and code security analysis, ethical hacking, cyberforensics, secure network and virtual infrastructure design methods, understanding of specific security aspects of different operating systems, DBMS and other information systems.
• Ability to evaluate the maturity of information systems and organisations from the security perspective, to apply risk management methods and requirements of information security standards and other regulating documents while organizing the business processes, ability to insure organization’s compliance and certification processes according to the security standards requirements, to maintain information security management processes, integrate them with other business processes, projects, to insure business process continuity.
• Ability to work individually and in a team, to work with colleagues having different educational and professional background, to communicate orally and in writing, to submit proposals and effectively communicate with professionals from other areas.
• To express and defend the opinion, to respect other opinions.
• Ability to think critically, independently and constructively, to implement innovative solutions and evaluate their consequences.
• Ability for self-improvement, forming and increasing the knowledge base, to plan the study process, labour and time, to seek the result.
Autumn Intake Deadline