The programme of Animal Science offers an opportunity to apply modern knowledge, methods and technologies in animal husbandry practice, empowers graduates to carry out independent analysis of problems associated with farm animals and evaluate its results.
- Duration – 2 years
- Full time studies
- Degree awarded: MSc in Agricultural Sciences
- 120 ECTS credits
- 3,750 EUR per year
- Taught in English
Structure of programme:
- Welfare of Farm Animals
- Methodology of Scientific Research
- Animal Biotechnology
- Research Work
- Production of Organic Products of Animal Origin and Risk Factors
- Research Work
- Final Thesis
- Companies related to animal production, breeding systems, forage production and feed quality assessment, primary processing of milk and meat.
- Own business, livestock farm.
- Alternative and non-traditional agriculture business (deer, ostrich, alpaca, snail breeding).Continue in PhD studies as a researcher.
- Consulting companies, public services in regional municipalities, insurance companies, institutions providing agricultural services including training of farmers
Why study Animal Sciences at LSMU?
ØThe Animal Sciences field is important in Lithuania and the faculty of Animal Sciences is the only one in the country that prepares highly qualified university education for animal science specialists.
ØPractice in well-developed agricultural companies using advanced technologies (BIOMIN Holding GmbH, Biochem Zusatzstoffe Handels- und Produktionsgesellschaft mbH, INNOV AD nv/sa, Adisseo France SAS ).
ØPossibility to study abroad according to the Erasmus+ exchange programme.
ØPossibility to join various research projects via LSMU Student Science Society.
ØAdvanced lectures from business and academic partners as guest teachers in the programme.
ØSupport system for student’s adaptation: mentoring, tutoring and psychological counselling.
ØResidence permit extended for 6 months after the graduation to look for a job in Lithuania or any other EU country.
ØProgram is accredited for 6 years by the state quality surveillance agency.