The Animal and Human Interaction programme offers an opportunity to apply modern knowledge, methods and technologies in animal and human interaction practice, deal with challenges arising from constant changes in human-animal relationship, empowers graduate to carry out independent analysis of problems associated with therapeutic animals and evaluate its results. Goals of this programme is to educate students to take on responsibility for shaping human-animal relationship in science and society, both scientifically and ethically.
After graduation you can:
- Work in the centres of hippotherapy and canine therapy;
- Work in Animal shelters;
- Work at the State Border Guard Service;
- Work in the field of Animal welfare;
- Participate in Animal-assisted activities;
- Own business, horse breeding companies, dog breeding companies, consulting companies, public services in regional municipalities, insurance companies;
- Continue in PhD studies as researcher.
- Structure of programme what you will learn each year:
Methodology of Scientific Research, Management of Animal Genetic Recourses and Genomic Selection, Specialised Diet of the Farmed Animals, Small Business Management and Organizational Psychology, Use of Assisting Animals in Society, Electives, Research Work
Why to study Animal and Human Interaction at LSMU?
- Lithuanian University of Health Sciences is the only one university in the country which prepares highly qualified university education for animal and human interaction specialists;
- Practice in well-developed agricultural companies using advanced technologies (Kika Group, Mars, Incorporated, the Lithuanian Sea Museum and Dolphinarium, Zoo;
- Established partnerships with relevant organisations also offer research projects to students, within the Making the Most of Masters framework;
- Learn about the importance of both human and animal behaviour in shaping human animal interaction, and the associated ethical issues, as well as learning to critically evaluate methods for measuring attitudes, interactions and their outcomes;
- Possibility to study abroad according to the Erasmus+ exchange programme;
- Advanced lectures from business and academic partners as guest teachers in the program;
- Support system for student’s adaptation: mentoring, tutoring and psychological counselling.