Newsletter subscription

Get hot news about studies in Lithuania straight to your inbox. Register for the newsletter right now.


Q: What types of courses can I study in Lithuania?

You can study all kinds of programmes both in terms of subject and degree. All of them, listed on this website, are taught in foreign languages (English, Russian and others). Take a look at the list.

Q: How do I apply?

Easy! You can either contact the University directly by hitting “apply” button on our website and they will answer all your questions, or read more about the admission process.

Q: What is the difference between profesional qualification and bachelor degrees?

Profesional qualification degrees are taught in Colleges and Universities of Aplied Sciences. These are often easier to get in to and offer good value for your money. However you would have to study for one more year in University to get a full Bachelor degree recognized worldwide. More about Lithuanian education system.  

Q: What are the requirements for admission to universities?

For a bachelor degree, you have to have a diploma of secondary education (school leaving certificate or corresponding document from your country certified by the Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education). For master‘s degree, you must have a bachelor degree in a relevant field of study, and if you want to do a PhD, you have to have gained master‘s degree first. More information about requirements.

Q: How do I obtain a Visa?

As a general rule of thumb, if you are from Europe - you shouldn‘t need one. But make sure to check www.migracija.lt website where you will find whether you really need one and if so, where is the closest place to apply for the Schengen visa (which allows you to travel freely among the Schengen (majority of EU) countries).

Q: Am I allowed to work as a student?

Sure, but if you are not an EU student you will have to obtain a work permit, which will allow you to work up to 20 hours per week (part time). See more on this.

Q: Do I need health insurance from my home country?

No. All full-time students are eligible for state health care services, all you have to do is to fill in few forms in the territorial health insurance fund. See more on this.

Q: What are the tuition fees?

Tuition fees are different for EU and non-EU students (usually from around 2000EU to 3500EU) - you will find the prices of specific courses on our website.

Q: What are the living expenses in Lithuania?

Lithuania is not an expensive country to live in. As a student you are eligible for a lot of discounts, like public transport, which is the cheapest way to get around. A monhtly ticket for all public transport in Vilnius costs 15€. A lunch time deal in majority of cafeterias will set you back 3-5€. A pint of beer in a pub can cost anything from 1.5 to 2€. Renting a dorm room is the cheapest way in terms of accomodation, and starts from as low as 55-60€, while renting your own flat can get much more expensive – from 120-130€Lt (for a room, as most of students share flats).

Q: What types of Scholarship can I obtain as a student in Lithuania?

There are various types of scholarships you can get while studying in Lithuania. Please check the list in our webpage and see which ones you are elligible for. 

Have more questions?

Notify me, if question gets answered

Local information

-7 °C -9 °C

Find study programmes

Student experience